Sunday, May 20, 2012

In Shape City

  So I am trying to cancel my membership but, in effort to combat an ever growing technological world, InShape has decided that the only way possible to do so is for me to hand-write them a lovely letter to their corporate office.  You see, they will not accept any other form of cancellation because they want to be sure it is you and not the evil hackers that CNN keeps warning us about. Fair enough. So you would think that all you would have to do is walk up to the nearest friendly InShape, introduce yourself with a form of ID, and politely state that you wish to cancel your membership.  But no, as I found out, they also fear androids impersonating humans because you cannot cancel in person either, only by handwriting them a lovely letter¹.  I can do all my major finances online, I can even do my taxes without signing a thing, yet InShape is trying to keep it stubbornly old-school.  Of course the natural cynic in me is thinking that InShape is trying to make it as hard as possible to cancel so us lazy folks will just give up trying and keep paying them $40.00 a month.  But fear not, there is a limit to my laziness!  Stay gold InShape.  As for me, I am off to the store to buy an envelope and some stamps. Well maybe after I play some Borderlands first…oh yeah, gotta eat…….and you know what, my knee kinda hurts…………oooooh! Game of Thrones is on later!  Can’t miss that!…………………………..ahhh screw it, I can write the letter tomorrow.












¹ You would think it would be easier for Skynet to forge handwriting than humans but what are you gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment